Upcoming Cleveland Police Commission Meetings:
- Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 6:00pm – 8:30pm – CPC Full Commission Meeting – Jerry Sue Thornton Center, 2500 E 22nd St, Cleveland, OH 44115
- Tuesday, July 25, 2017, 6:00pm – 8:30pm – CPC Full Commission Meeting – Jerry Sue Thornton Center, 2500 E 22nd St, Cleveland, OH 44115
Work Group Meetings are the third Sunday of every month. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for location.
Email email@example.com for more information.
The SURJ-NEO Community Police Commission (CPC) Working Group has the following goals:
- We want everyone to know what positive things the Cleveland Police Commission is doing. They have recommendations that would raise the historic standard of policing! Your help is invited in sharing the positive reputation of their research and their work.
- We want to build understanding of the reforms themselves, recommended by the public through the Commission. Public awareness and buy-in, and later assessment, is crucial for the acceptance and implementation of changes.
- We want to mobilize the public as needed to provide the outcry for racial justice that will move the recommendations forward into policy.
As part of the CPC working group, what can you expect?
What is it like to take aim against the impunity (publicly passively supported) by which police officers think they are doing their job when they murder Black people?
Well, it looks like a lot of database and document work. It looks like sitting through a lot of evening meetings all over Cleveland, tracking info online, maintaining – and then sharing repeatedly – a basic commonsense perspective that does not abandon racial justice!
(1) attend Commission meetings which take place throughout the month at various locations around Cleveland. These meetings are public and open to anyone. Please join us! Meeting info listed below and at http://www.clecpc.org/commission-meetings.
(2) meet once a month (on the third Sunday of the month at 7pm on the Near West Side of Cleveland) as a working group to pool information and create a shared strategy for going forward.